I know that not all people love the taste of asparagus as I did not like eating this vegetable before. The first time I have eaten this food was with peeled boiled potatoes and a white cream sauce. It did not taste well for me maybe because I still had the Filipino taste at that time. Then it came to my mind how I could make the asparagus delicious for my taste and voila, I have found the way. With the use of bacon and sometimes with Schwarzwälderschinken (Black Forest ham).
Fried asparagus wrapped with bacon and Schwarwälder ham
Ingredients: 2 persons
- 500 gram asparagus, green or white (6-8 pieces)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of Schwarzwälder ham (smoked ham from Schwarzwald, Germany)
- 1 pack of Hollandaise sauce with lemon
Tip: You can use all 8 bacon or 8 Schwarzwälder ham pieces if you like the asparagus in one taste.
- Peel the skin of the asparagus while cooking a pot of water.
- Wash the asparagus and blanch them in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Get the asparagus from the boiling water.
- Wrap every 2 asparagus with 2 pieces of bacon or with Schwarzwälder ham while heating the frying pan with olive oil.
- Fry the wrapped asparagus in both sides until brown.
- Heat the Hollandaise sauce with lemon in a small sauce pan.
- Serve the wrapped asparagus with boiled or mashed potatoes with Hollandaise sauce.
- Guten Appetit! Enjoy your meal!
Preparation and cooking time: ca. 30 minutes
Asparagus with skin
Wrapped asparagus with bacon and Schwarzwälder ham, boiled potatoes and Hollandaise
Maybe, you will like eating asparagus now like I do. Thanks for reading. If you enjoy this recipe, maybe you would like to visit my recipes in my other writing site Hubpages. Just click on this red link. Enjoy your day!
Copyright 2015 © Thelma Alberts, All Rights Reserved