Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 5 July 2019

Tips on How to Keep Cool in Summer

Germany was having a heatwave last week. The sun was biting our skin. The weather reached 39°C in some parts of Germany. 

It is summer again! Is it not what we all want after the long cold winter? Gladfully, I was not here in Germany last winter. I was in my home country Philippines for a few months. I enjoyed my months of summer there. Every day was almost 30°C. Great for me.


Norddeich in Germany

Now I am back, not only in Germany but also in this site. I am sorry I have not written here for almost a year. Wow! I was indeed very busy with my tropical gardening that I forgot to write on my blog. The time flies so fast. Before I forget, it will be Christmas again.


Pineapple juice 

Going back to summer, here are my tips on how to keep cool in summer.
  1. Keep yourself hydrated with water. At least 2 liters of water a day. Pineapple juice with ice is fine.
  2. If possible don´t go out when the sun is too hot. Just relax at home and do whatever you like. Example, reading a book.
  3. Go shopping as early or as late as you can. That way, the sun is not yet too hot or it is cooling down.
  4. When you go out, don´t forget to rub your skin with sunscreen lotion and wear sunglasses.  
  5. Use a hat when going out or if you are courageous enough, use an umbrella to keep away directly from the heat of the sun. I say courageous because people will look at you here in Germany if you use an umbrella against the heat of the sun.
  6. Eat light food like salad and make a smoothie to drink.
  7. Cover your windows with your dark curtains so the heat of the sun can´t go inside the house.
  8. If you don´t have air condition at home, use an electric fan to have at least a fresh breeze inside the house that will keep you cool.
  9. Avoid baking food as baking will make not only your kitchen warm but also the other rooms that you have.
  10. If you can, go swimming with your family and friends in an amusement park the whole day. 
Fresh salad with Feta
At the moment, those are the tips that I can share with you. I will add some if I can think of some to keep yourself cool. As I have told you, we have a heatwave last week that I didn´t go out of the house for 4 days. 

I know, I am used to the warm summer but I will tell you, the heat of the sun in Germany is very different than the heat of the sun in the Philippines. Yes, it is the same sun that we are sharing but the heat of the sun here is more biting my skin than the heat of the sun in my home country.

Well, enjoy your summer wherever you are in this world. Cheers!!!

A video of my travel in Norddeich Germany

Thanks for reading. If you want to read more of my articles please check my content writing site HubPages. You can find different articles, recipes and travel places to visit to.

Copyright 2019, All Right Reserved by Thelma Alberts

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas, we are also having a nice hot summer.
    I pinned so others can learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Andria. I hope it is not so hot in your neck of the woods. Have a nice weekend.

      Delete